Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Fourth of July

As we all set out tomorrow to pop fireworks, grill hot dogs and hang out with our family and friends, let's not forget to take time to remember why we get to celebrate. Patriots like George Washington, Paul Revere, John Adams, Ben Franklin and many more fought (with both mind and body) and died to make it possible for us to celebrate our nations greatest achievement, The Declaration of Independence. Without that piece of parchment America would not have become the greatest nation in the world in a mere 232 years. The United States is the the greatest force for good solely because free men refused to let government crush their spirits and run their lives. So amongst all the beer, buddies and family, take a minute to tell your kids or a friend about the true meaning of this day. It damn sure ain't fireworks and beer. It is about the right of every human being to live free and without fear of their government.



Alright now let's party!

7 comments:

CharlieDelta said...

Excellent post dude! The only thing I could add is to say a little prayer for our warriors kicking some stinkbeard ass over in the sandbox, and raise a beer (or many beers) to them.

Paul said...

Happy 4th fellas. I'll video some mortars launching from my front yard tomorrow night.

And H20, I'll video it with my clothes pulled up high so as to not show any plumbers crack. What the hell! :)

Claudia in Canada said...

Happy 4th of July, my American friends. I'm so happy to know you. You belong to a great country, and you do it proud. I'll say a prayer and lift my glass to you, and to your brave soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, and to the Canadians with them, in Kandahar.

Congratulations on your new blog. Superb presentation.

CharlieDelta said...

Thanks Claudia! You're always welcome here if you can put up with three drunks from three different parts of these great United States. GOD Bless America!

~Fathairybastard~ said...

Mother Fuckers! The only reason they didn't get shot is because those are good people they're fuckin' with. Jesus, where have we gone?

TexasFred said...

All it takes is one executive order from a gun grabbing POTUS, martial law is in effect and the roundup begins...

And it *could* happen, all over this nation...

Claudia said...

This video made my Texan friends so mad. This is not America, they keep saying. Who was there to defend those folks? My Canadian blood is boiling too. When Katrina happened, I knew something wasn't right down there. My only arm is a baseball bat. I'll crack anybody's head open before I'll let it go!