Thursday, July 3, 2008

Teach 'em Young

If this doesn't bring a tear to your eyes, you're not human... or not an American. It gives me hope to see such young people taking pride in this Anthem that seems to be lost on most people. What the hell happened?

I get a tear in my eyes everytime I hear the National Anthem. I'm getting a tear right now just thinking about it. What a powerful song! What a beautiful song! What an AMERICAN song! To see these kids putting their hearts into it gives me hope for the future.

Happy Independence Day everyone! There is still hope for our future...



Here we have five young ladies who should be in the headlines. Five young ladies who should be on the cover of TIME Magazine. Five young ladies who should be singing this beautiful song at the next Superbowl.

Will it happen? Of course not. Instead, some dumbass Hollywierd whore in rehab will be in the spotlight. Some YO YO YO will be singing The National Anthem and modifying it to be some kind of "motown" theme. FUCK THAT! These fine young ladies sing it like it's supposed to be. Period!

Play it loud! Play it proud! Play it often!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Awesome! I never heard your National Anthem sung so movingly. I listened to it three times, and will do it again. Sometimes, when I hear it at sport events, it's so incredibly bad that I wish it wouldn't be done. It's a beautiful but very difficult song. Many people miss the crescendo and end in what we call a pratfall. Those young girls sang it perfectly, from beginning to end, with emotion and respect. Quite an achievement! Good choice. Thank you.

Vicki said...

Happy 4th of July!

Maeve said...

I had the pleasure of hearing a nine year old young lady sing it just before a hockey game.
It was the most beautiful rendition (next to the one you just posted) I've ever heard.
There was not a dry eye in the house when she was done and it took a while for the thunderous applause to stop.

red collar said...

Even from out here in Canada, that was spectacular.

Beautiful.