Monday, October 27, 2008

Done

I went down this morning and put my two cents in the American piggy bank of votes. It went fast only took me about 10 minutes and I was done. Funny thing was that I could not remember my precinct and since I had renewed my drivers license over the internet last time (you can do that in Texas no waiting in line) I did not receive a voters registration card. I had to ask the dude at the front where to go to find out what polling station to get my ballot. He kept giving me this funny look scanning me up and down. He eventually walked over to a lady that was standing towards the back and they mumbled back and forth too each other a couple of times after which he came over and told me that I needed to see the lady in the red shirt. I did. She gave me kind of a goofy look as I walked up and handed her my drivers license. She greeted me and asked me my problem. I told her I forgot the precinct I lived in and needed to be reminded. She looked up my info and directed me to the correct table. I walked over greeted the two ladies and signed my name and initialed the box, all the time feeling these two ladies eyeballing me, selected my ballot and headed off to vote. All the time wondering what the funny looks are about. I filled in my ballot making sure to get the whole box filled in so the machine could figure out who I voted for. I finished up walked over fed the machine my ballot and told the guy working the machine to have a nice day he looked at me said thank you and told me to have a nice day also all the while grinning at me. I don't know what the problem was with the people at the polling place today. They sure did give me some weird looks.



Fucking weirdos.

5 comments:

CharlieDelta said...

BWAAAAHAHAHA! That's fuckin' funny dude!

Claudia said...

ROFL...Oh! God...I can't stop laughing...

red collar said...

Wasn`t Thompson on tv? Didn't he play in Law & Order?

They probably thought your political opinions are shaped by tv celebrities. And they didn't approve.

Movie celebrities are much better.

"Matt Damon!"

kerrcarto said...

Red, yeah he played in law and order and a few movies. He was also a Senator a few years back and an actual candidate this year, the best as far as I was concerned.

CharlieDelta said...

Btw kerrcarto, nice hat! I'm sure they were a little rattled by that too! Heh! Heh!