Friday, October 31, 2008

How's That Guilt Treatin' You, Whitey?

This one is dedicated to you white folks who continue to feel guilty for no reason...

I'm sorry
For something I didn't do
Lynched somebody
But I don't know who
You blame me for slavery
A hundred years before I was born

Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white

I'm sorry
For something I didn't do
Lynched somebody
But I don't know who
You blame me for slavery
A hundred years before I was born

Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white

I'm a convict
Of a racist crime
I've only served
Thirty six years of my time

I'm sorry
For something I didn't do
Lynched somebody
But I don't know who
You blame me for slavery
A hundred years before I was born

Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being RIGHT!



This version is a little faster...



...guilty of being RIGHT!

Guilt away Cracker!

4 comments:

Paul said...

Holy shit! You posted a Minor Threat song! I have that CD (well, the CD is the complete backlog actually). Man of my heart. Fuck yeah!!

Did you get into Fugazi as well? Have you heard of Pailhead?

Paul said...

Gotta admit though. Slayer's version is much better. That's because all of Minor Threat's music probably has the shittiest production of all punk music.

CharlieDelta said...

Fuck yeah Paul! Fugazi fucking rules! I've never heard of Pailhead, but I'll have to look into it.

And yeah, I dig Slayer's version much better. I forget the name of the album, but they did an album with all punk cover tunes and it kicks ass! TSOL and a gaggle of old school punk bands.

Happy Halloween punk!

Paul said...

Pailhead is a side-project with Al Jourgensen of Ministry and Ian MacKaye. They recorded only one album ("Trait"), and it has been out-of-print now for many years. Released in 1988 on WaxTrax. Go to youtube. I'm sure someone has posted some Pailhead. Memories.