Monday, October 13, 2008

Low's & High's...

Good bye Grandpa. I'll see you on the other side. You were a good, honest man and I know you're up there smiling down on me! I'm going to miss you, but I know that you're in a better place now.

We'll be there to keep Grandma and Mom strong through the coming days. That's a promise! Thank you for the life's lessons from cribbage to fishing to construction! I've learned a lot though you and Dad.

This is the last picture of you and I together when you turned 90 years + 1 day, and I will never forget it. Last beer with Grandpa...

Photobucket

Love you Grandpa!

On a higher note, Z-man's wife returned home from the Shittle East safely last Monday the 6th. Welcome home Telle!!! Glad you made it home safely, girl! I can't wait to buy you a drink and give you a big hug!

I love when the high's are much higher than the low's.

They are right now...

10 comments:

kerrcarto said...

Dude, sorry to hear about your Gramps. But knowing he is in a better place than this giant rock is comforting. No?

I now how you feel. Believe me. I still get teary eyed sometimes when I am alone and my mind starts to wander.

On the lighter note. WELCOME HOME TELLE! We owe you thanks on a debt that can never be re-paid. Well maybe a few rounds on me. My sincerest thank you to you Telle and condolences to you CD.

H2o said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Big hug CD...

Grandpa-Old Soldier said...

Sorry about your grandpa's pssing. I know he will be missed, and it sounds like you have a lot of fond memories to remember him by. All the best.

Paul said...

Damn. My thoughts go out to you and your family, CD. Sorry man. But you're right. He's in a better place.

PeggyU said...

I'm sorry, CD! I'm glad you had such good times to remember, though, and that he lived to a ripe old age!

Claudia said...

CD - You've been privileged to have such a Grandpa. Thank you for sharing your precious memories. All the best to the family.

Great to know that Z-man has his Telle safely back home. Quite an admirable couple! I wish he would write a post about Telle's time in the Middle East. So far away, so many dangers, so much courage just to accept to go and be separated from husband. We never thank our soldiers enough. I know I didn't when my brother served in WW2.

CharlieDelta said...

Thanks everyone for the condolences. He was a really good, honerable, God-fearing man with a big heart. It really sucks, but so goes the cycle of life right? I feel really bad for my Grandmother. Her entire existance up 'till now was taking care of Gramps in his older years. I don't know what she's going to do with herself.

jackied said...

I hope I am upright, drinking a beer and smiling with someone I love when I am 90 - you were lucky to have each other.

Z-man and Telle, thank you for the sacrifices you both make on behalf of the rest of us. If you are ever near the Fort Worth area, stop by - there is always Shiner in the fridge.

vetfromhell said...

Sorry about your Grandfather.

~Fathairybastard~ said...

Huge bummer dude. God bless him, and you. He's young again where he is, and gettin' into all sorts of fun.