Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Busted

I got home this afternoon and something was out of place. Lucy (our dog) was not in her usual spot. I whistled and started hoping that I didn't lock her inside all day. When I got to the front door I noticed the tag hanging from the door knob and I realized. "Shit, my dog got thrown in jail". So I call the number on the thing and talked to the lady. I described Lucy to her and she said she did not have a dog of that matched that description. She told me to look on the tag and see what time was written on it. 2:25 is what time the dog catcher got her. I walked up on the porch at 2:30. I missed him by 5 minutes. FUCK! Now it is going to cost me $50 bucks to spring her from jail. Damnit.

Yeah she is a real menace to society.



Update 2: The pound charged $50 even thought she never even left the dog catchers truck. I was there and removed her myself. He was to chicken shit & a real asshole to boot. Since her vaccination was out by 4 months I have to take her and get her shots Saturday which runs $38 (something I've been putting off ). Then a $10 registration fee with the county. So her little excursion is going to cost me right at $98 bucks. Thanks government.

6 comments:

CharlieDelta said...

Dude that's fucked up! What kind of dog is it? Something viscious? If not, that's fucked up on the dog catcher's part...

jackied said...

That stinks. I once had a dog that was like freakin' Houdini - could escape anything, fence, crate, car!

kerrcarto said...

Lucy is a Border Collie/ Black Lab. Cool as the day comes. The dude at the dog jail told me that the only reason he picked her up was that he was looking for some pit bulls that have been running around the hood and Lucy kept chasing his truck up and down the road.

Jackied, I should have named her Houdini. She is the same way. Escapes from anything. She has even figured out how to get out of a choke collar. I don't know how she does it. Asshole dog.

PeggyU said...

Kerrcarto ... where do you live? We are having a pit bull circus here right now. Town talked about banning them. I don't personally have anything against the breed, but our town has had some problems with 2 particular dogs that have been running loose and killing other people's pets. Sadly, we lost a cat to these same dogs two years ago ... yes it has taken them MORE THAN TWO YEARS for them to get off their butts and do something about it! So, if by some odd quirk it turns out you live where I do then the dog catchers are being hypervigilant because they may be facing a lawsuit.

jackie d said...

I love how you say she is cool as the day comes and also call her an asshole in the same post. That sums up every pet owner's emotions. They can sure piss us off but it doesn't take much for us to realize how much we love 'em.

kerrcarto said...

Peggy, I live in Kerrville, Texas and am a digital cartographer. Hence the handle.