Monday, November 24, 2008

President Bush did not pardon Compean and Ramos today.

Today, President Bush issued 14 pardons, but Border Patrol Agents Compean & Ramos were not on the list. Of the 14 pardons today, five were drug related. FIVE!!!! So let me get this straight. The President pardons drug offenses, and supports the prosecution and maximum sentencing of Border Patrol agents trying to stop them. I know I'm making a very elementary and slightly unfair argument but surely one can see the sick fucking irony at play here. Maybe President Bush will pardon them just before he leaves office in disgrace, but I won't hold my breath. He's a New World Order freak just like his father.

5 comments:

kerrcarto said...

That man has let me down on so many levels it isn't even funny anymore.

We ALL need to fire off letters to him and let him know just how disgusted we are with this.

CharlieDelta said...

I saw the list of names when I was at work today and was surprised... well, I shouldn't say surprised, more like PISSED OFF that they weren't on there. Like you said, maybe he's waiting for whatever fucked up reason, but I doubt.

I like kerrcarto's idea of firing off letters and emails to Jorge' Booosh. It probably won't do any good, but at least I'll feel better knowing that I gave that asshole a piece of my mind!

PeggyU said...

WTF is it with these two border patrol agents? Is there some information that we just don't have, because I can't see why they were prosecuted in the first place! If there is some actual crime they should be incarcerated for, then let's have it already! If not, they should be at the top of the pardon list and should have their jobs reinstated with back pay. IMO.

Paul said...

Hi Peggy.

Both Kirby Wilbur and Glenn Beck were discussing this case this morning. And the bottom line is everybody believes their punishment does not fit the crime. I'm disgusted with this whole thing. I called the White House this morning and left my comment. Go to whitehouse.gov, click on contact at the bottom of the page.

PeggyU said...

Thanks, Paul, I will. And I will have my husband do the same.