Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We are going to live forever

A beer that prevents cancer. Where are my smokes at?

There's a reason to raise a pint; scientists at Rice University have created beer that could extend your life.
BioBeer, as it's called, has three genes spliced into special brewer's yeast that produce resveratrol, the chemical in red wine that is thought to protect against diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer's and other age-related conditions.

The only problem, from the students' perspective, is that many of them aren't old enough to legally consume their creation.


I will volunteer my time to test out the cancer preventing properties of your beer. After all it is my patriotic duty to do so. You can send the first keg to me at your convenience. Just e-mail me for my address.

2 comments:

Omnibus Driver said...

Mighty heroic of you to sacrifice yourself that way. (Snicker!)

CharlieDelta said...

That is pure genius! Where do I sign up?