Monday, December 1, 2008

Bitchen Weekend

Here's hoping you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend with your friends and family. I went bowlin' with my folks and my bro and his wife on Thanksgiving Day. I had a lot of fun but I bowled like shit! My brother worked everyone over, but it was fun never the less. At least Mom bowled a "turkey" instead of cooking one this year. Right on Mom!

I got home Thursday night and started packin' my gear and head east to meet up with a big group of friends who were already out there camping. Needless to say, by the time I had all my shit staged and ready to go, I was too hammered to drive any where, so I had a few more beers and hit the sheets and set the clock for 6am. Well, I didn't get out of bed until about 7, but I was on the road by 8 and charged to do some major partying in the desert. Damn, it's just too much fun out there. Everyone gets along and everyone gets fucked up, so I fit in perfectly.

I got to the campsite around 9:45 and this is the first thing I saw. I knew I had arrived to my home away from home as soon as I saw the 30ft. pole with my two favorite flags.


After I said my hello's to everyone, people were fired up to head out to the range and do some border enforcement practice for when it really hits the fan, so of course I was pretty happy about that. The more these people go out and actually see that firearms can be used for sport as well as personal defense, the more of them are taking courses and learing about them. (As I pat myself on the back). This is Kelli and Cassie excited to go to the range. I really don't know what it is, but there is something sexy about women who like to drink, off-road and shoot. Too bad these two were taken, cause I'd.... well, I better stop there.


Here's Aaron on the Mini 30 zappin tangos. I let everyone fire a few magazines through it and they all looked like they needed a smoke afterwards. I left my camera in the truck so I didn't get any shots of the after-glow, but I'll tell you, it was bitchen!


Of course I wasn't going to go all the way out there with my rifle and not take a few shots myself. Are you crazy?


After a couple hours at the range, we all went back and drank tequila and listened to the girls talk about how "cool" that was. The more times I go out there, the more women are there who are actually interested in learning firearm safety instead of always calling us gun-nuts. Not to toot my horn or anything, but TOOT-FUCKING-TOOT!. As soon as their kids are a little older, they'll be next in line and that gives me hope for the future.

After multiple shots of Patron and whatever else was getting passed around the fire, I looked at my watch and it was 3:30am Sunday morning. Hence, time for me to try and get some sleep. I wanted to be out of there no later than 6:30am and beat the traffic and that is exactly what I did. Passing out in the cab of my truck wasn't the most comfortable place in the world, but as soon as I heard the first voice or tinkering in the moring I was up and ready to go.

I had to take this pic, cause it pretty much summed up my Thanksgiving weekend with good friends and family. Warm and beautiful times indeed.


It was definately a thankful weekend. Hope you all had the same.

Sunday I met some friends for breakfast around 11:30, came back home and did nothing but pound water after water after water and then pass out. I'm still a little hurtin' from the weekend, but that will subside after a few more gallons of water. Damn you Patron! Well I guess I shouldn't damn Patron....

...thank you Patron for kicking my ass again!

4 comments:

Paul said...

Damn dude! I'm jealous! Glad you had a bitchin time man.

CharlieDelta said...

Paul, I gotta get you down here on one of these trips. You'll have a kickass time and fit right in dude! Guaran-fuckin'-teed...

kerrcarto said...

Dude I wish we had a place to go shoot besides the gun range. All the land that I used to go shoot on has been bought up by assholes retiring from Houston and Kalifornia. That looks like a killer time. BTW I typed this in the nude. Well off to work. After I get dressed of course.

Claudia said...

CD- Great weekend. Thanks for sharing. Love your pics.

I got hell on your blog yesterday from an anonymous frog who didn't like what I wrote, way back, when one of them called Palin, "une pétasse" (a slut). I would say it all over again. The nerve of them...

When I saw the photos of your ladies in the desert, I thought Sarah would fit right in. I hope politics will not kill her natural disposition for the great outdoors and unsophisticated lifestyle.