Monday, February 23, 2009

Insanity

I live in an insane asylum. Washington State was doing just fine until all the Californians migrated up here with their politics. Now Washington politics suck more than Windows Vista, if you can believe that. This state is fucking doomed.

This just in...

Washington Sends $1 Food Stamps to 250,000 People. How does one comment on such a story? Seriously.

You think that's bad? I've got a better one. Between 2002 and 2004, Seattle Public Utilities charged fire hydrant surcharges. A class-action lawsuit was filed, and the customers won because fire hydrants are a municipal responsibility, not utility. Last month, the judge ordered a $22.7 million water rebate. The average refund would amount to something like $45 per customer. Well, guess what? Seattle Public Utilities ain't got the cash. So what does city council do? By a vote of 7-1, the council approved a monthly utility surcharge to pay for the refund. Sit down and think about that for a second. And if you can't figure out what's wrong with that picture, you probably should be hanging out here. I swear I can't make this shit up! Here's the story.

Pure Fucking Insanity! Do I laugh or cry? And here this whole time I've been bashing Minnesota like there ain't no tomorrow when the real insanity is right here in my own backyard!

12 comments:

kerrcarto said...

Get ready for an all out tax assault, thanks to the liberal dunderheads that run our nation now.

CharlieDelta said...

Sorry Paul. I had nothing to do with those liberal Kalifornia assholes raiding and ruining your state. I swear I had nothing to do with it!

Welcome to my world...

labcat said...

it's only going to get worse. recently i've been reviewing an EPA document called "National Water Program Strategy: Response to Climate Change" to see what kinds of new regs will be forced upon us in the near future which will be funded by guess who. They use the words "educate" and "promote" but you know what comes after that..."enforce". One feature is "green infrastructure" and one example of green infrastructure is "permeable pavement". how stupid!! how long do ya think that will last? and did you idiots forget what pavement is made of?? and i hate the way the language in it assumes without significant scientific evidence, that man causes and can subside climate change. how arrogant!!drives me insane just reading the BS-laden thing.

PeggyU said...

Paul, from a fellow inmate ... I feel your pain! It's like watching a very unpleasant circus, isn't it?

Oh, and BTW, did you hear Locke is next in line for the Commerce Secretary position? We export our insanity to the other Washington.

Anna said...

(I couldn't open your link on the food stamp check)
I am irate as you are over this fraudulent move .. it pisses me off some thing awful
Grr....
http://sayanythingblog.com/readers/entry/state_sending_1_checks_to_the_needy/

Anna said...

Hey Paul... or someone, how do I change my avatar thingy on your blog?

kerrcarto said...

Anna, create yourself a google account. You do not have to start a blog but you can link to yours via blogger. Or something like that.

Paul said...

And don't forget to show your tits!! It's Mardi Gras ya know.

Anna said...

LOL.. it ain't Mardi gras in Bothell
;-P

Paul said...

Anna, I thought you were a Wenatchee girl. Anyway, you could always head down to Pioneer Square to celebrate! BWAHAHAHAH!!!! You remember that shit that went down a few years ago?

Anna830 said...

I was a Wenatchee girl. I sold my business and I'm temporarily staying in my place in Bothell... and living off my spare savings. (minus the the $80,000 I lost in the WAMU stock catastrophe) LOL, which means I now have a year to become employed again instead of the 2 years I had planned.
Oh well, ain't life grand?
;-)
.. and are you talking about the mess with that kid dying, the beatings and the out numbered police? What a fiasco

PeggyU said...

are you talking about the mess with that kid dying, the beatings and the out numbered police?

Anna: Buck Ofama Greetings from Fuck Obama Fernberg! What is that about? Not been watching the news lately ...