Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Legislation Of Mass Destruction

Man, I thought The People's Republik of KKKalifornia was the most fucked up western state until my Uncle Jim sent me this article about more piece of shit proposed legislation coming to Oregon:

Four Portland legislators joined a Springfield senator to introduce Oregon House Bill 2461, which would impose a $49.61 tax on each barrel of beer produced by Oregon brewers.

-(Read) four fucking idiot Portland legislators who will cause an increase in alcohol related thefts and associated crime from it. I remember doing beer runs in high school and fishing for beer when I was underage. We would give some tweeker hanging out in the 7/11 parking lot a $20 to buy us a twelver or we would 'grab and go' like it was a bank heist. Can you imagine what the kids are going to do now to get some beer? Look for some murders in the Portland liquor stores and massive increases in overall crime relating to this steamer of a Bill.

The tax would raise revenue for the state at a time when budgets are running in the red. Specifically, the bill says it would fund prevention, treatment and recovery programs for those addicted to alcohol and other substances.

-What a ridiculous crock of shit! House Bill 2461 is going to fund politicians and politicians only who cannot balance a budget like they were elected to do. Tax. Tax. Tax. These assholes are over paid under worked douchebags who are failing at their elected positions and they are going to tax the fuck out what most folks do in Oregon. Drink. What else is there to do?

The bill's language defends the tax by arguing alcoholism and “untreated substance abuse” costs the state $4.15 billion in lost earnings as well as more than $8 million for health care and nearly $1 billion in law enforcement-related expenditures.

-Expect that $1 billion law enforcement-related number to increase massively assholes! You dipshits are the problem, not the solution. Health care? Howz about you start turning away the wetbacks who use hospitals and emergency rooms to treat their 20 kids for the common flu on the Oregonian's dime? Your "untreated substance abuse" line is fucking cute. Where is it in the Constitution that the government is responsible for "treating" people for their vices? I have a few of them, and that's on me. Me only! Not the fucking government. Either I kick my bad habits or I die. So be it. That's life. I don't expect (or need) the government to baby me from cradle to grave. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is all I expect, and all I demand!

Laurelwood Public House & Brewing Co. owner Mike De Kalb said the tax may sound like a good idea in this economic climate, but he believes it would cost jobs and not raise enough new tax revenue to justify the increase.

-Amen! It may "sound" good, or to the liberals "feel" good, but this is an abortion of legislation on the people of Oregon and this is another part of the hopey hope changey change bullshit that the liberals of Oregon voted for. How does it taste now?

Rep. Ben Cannon, one of the bill's sponsors, questions whether the true hit to consumers would be as high as beer makers claim. He told KGW his office measured the increase at 15 cents per glass not $1.50.

-Ben, you are truly a dumbass. Your shitball tax upon the brewers will ultimately roll down hill, pick up speed and splat in the face of the fucking consumers who fucking pay for the end product. I hope you assholes lose revenue and lose big when it's all said and done.

If you smoke, look for an increased tax on tobacco products as well. These liberal assholes know that alcohol, tobacco and firearms will always be in demand, therefore will always increase in price. They're not dumb, they're just fucking stupid.



Thanks Oregon-to-hell-in-a-handbasket. I know I live in a fucked up state, but if H.B. 2461 passes, you just lapped us by three...

4 comments:

labcat said...

at a time when stress is at an all time high, they try to take away the things we (I) depend on to relieve some of that stress?? the road rage alone is going to raise violent crime significantly.

kerrcarto said...

Where do you think those breweries are going to do business anymore? They are going to pack up shop and move to a different state. Creating more unemployment. Liberals never grasp this concept. Just look at KKKalifornia. They tax the shit out of business so business does not stay. If they would only realize that high taxes do not create prosperity only freedom does.

The Senior Chief said...

And Fuck you if you want me to pay for it come and try and collect!

Stonemason said...

Either I kick my bad habits or I die. So be it. That's life. I don't expect (or need) the government to baby me from cradle to grave. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is all I expect, and all I demand!

Awesome, perfectly said!