Friday, February 13, 2009

Theme Song

...and I sure don't dread it...

At least not until that damn alarm clock goes off this morning. It's Friday, it's 3am PST, I have to be up in three hours and the daily grind is gonna suck today. Yeah, I know I got what I paid for. Today is going to be a long day.

It's supposed to pour down rain (we need it) all weekend, and the dipshits on the road are going to be all over the place either driving too fast or driving to fuggin slow. At least George and Willie know where I'm comin' from...



Fuggit! It's Friday! I work to live, I don't live to work...

9 comments:

Dan O. said...

"I work to live, I don't live to work... "

I actually said that to my boss (part owner of the co.) when he tried to bully me into working a saturday once. He asked if I could work. I said no. He said when things are busy, "we have to ask everyone for a little more". My response was, "You asked. I said no." Followed by that phrase.

Did I mention I no longer work for that company? F them. I was putting in 45-50 hours a week Mon-Fri, on salary. No OT. Weekends are mine and my family's.

kerrcarto said...

That is why I love being self -employed. I am beholden to NO ONE but MY deadlines. Speaking of deadlines I better get back to work or I am going to miss my deadline of next friday to have my Rio Grande Valley map updated!!

I am procrastination at it's finest.

PeggyU said...

Kerrcarto ... You a cartographer? Is that where the name comes from? Very interesting!

kerrcarto said...

PeggyU, Yup I live in Kerrville, Texas and I am indeed a cartographer.

Jackie D said...

So, are you a stop-and-ask-for-directions-when-lost kind of guy or are you even more determined to find your own way since you are a cartographer?

kerrcarto said...

JackieD, To answer your question, I don't get lost.

kerrcarto said...

I just take the long way.

CharlieDelta said...

"I am procrastination at it's finest."

So then you are a professionalcrastincartographer. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Try saying that fast 10 times...

Holder said...

Didja ever Willie's song "Hello Walls"? Had a girlfriend who loved that song. If she came home and put that on hte record player (!!) I knew we'd be drinking vodka and orange juice that night...