Saturday, March 28, 2009

Finally Stopped To Smell The Roses Again...

It's been a while since me and Pops got to spend some quality time together on the water, just me and him; fishin', drinkin' and talkin'. He called me last week and reminded me that Mom was back East for a week and he wanted something to do. I suggested fishing. DUH! I've never seen my dad happier than when he's got a line in the water.

I was really looking forward to Saturday @ Lower Otay. My dad used to take my Brother and me fishing and shooting out here when we were kids. Before the homes were built and the messicant's took over Chula Vista.

06:45 on the water and the wind was whippin'...


Yup. This is what it's all about...


sometimes life is really good...

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Ah! CD...Such beautiful story, and pics. Two happy fishermen, father and son, having a great time together. Nearly makes me cry...Thank you for sharing. You got your good looks from your dad.

CharlieDelta said...

Claudia...

For the record, you rule!

kerrcarto said...

Dude, good times. Quality time with dad is the best time. Robert and I are gonna try to go out later.

Hammer said...

Yep there is nothing better.