Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday Non-Guilt...

The days of driving around crankin this full blast are gone, but the memories are still there full decibel...

This one's for you Blackman & Robbin' (a.k.a. Jackson & Sharpton)



I'm sorry
for something I didn't do.
Lynched somebody, but I don't know who.
You blame me,
for slavery
a hundred years before I was born.

Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white

I'm sorry
for something I didn't do.
Lynched somebody, but I don't know who.
Your blame me,
for slavery
a hundred years before I was born.

Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white

I'm a convict (guilty)
Of a racist crime (guilty)
I've only served (guilty)
Nineteen years of my time...

I'm sorry
for something I didn't do.
Lynched somebody, but I don't know who.
Your blame me,
for slavery
a hundred years before I was born.

Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white!!!!

5 comments:

Hammer said...

That about sums it up.

Claudia said...

Snigger (my black Canadian cardiologist who can't stand the Afro-Americans) says when the slaves became free, they should all have been shipped back to Africa with their children. Even the third generation. They should never have been allowed full citizenship in USA. It wasn't their country of choice, at the time.

I have a young German friend who says he feels he has to apologize endlessly for Nazism. Yet, most of the people of Germany, at that time, just got up each morning, went to work (doctors, nurses, mecanics, bakers etc.) and didn't really know how evil Hitler was till the end of the war. "My great grand-father wasn't a Nazi. He was apolitical. Even if he had been opposed to Nazism, could he have stopped it? Does an American leave his country because he doesn't approve of the leader's actions?

Very sensible and sad question.

PeggyU said...

That is an interesting point, Claudia. One of our friends has a German cousin who is in his 20's who says the same thing. Guilt by geography. I'd be pissed.

Hammer said...

Lincoln was able to send a shitload to Liberia...look at athat African shithole...hell look at every sub-saharan african nation. Pure shit, Machete's AIDS and TNB.

Paul said...

Just cranked this up after seeing your post. I've got this CD, too.