Sunday, April 12, 2009

I hate my old washing machine.

Yesterday our washing machine's transmission decided to take a shit. Or so I thought. It would go through all the cycles but when it got to the spin cycle it would not spin and it drew the lights down in the house to about half watt. It also made the t.v. blink off and on and wreaked havoc on the puter. So I pulled out the old washer, which was about 10 years old, went to Lowes and bought a new washing machine. $510 dollars and a couple hours later I had the new washer installed and a load going. Everything seemed fine so we loaded up and went out to the BBQ/Chili Cook-Off that Robert and a few other friends had entered. We hung out there for a few hours drank some beer and ate a plethora of BBQ. They had just about anything that walks on the pit. Brisket, Yard Bird, Lamb, Quail, Ribs you name it I ate it.

When we finished up there we headed home. I took the clothes out of the new washer and chunked them in the dryer. I hit the start button and lights dimmed out T.V. went insane and I got pissed. I had already crawled under the house and checked the main line, pulled off the breaker box in the house and checked all the wiring and everything was cool. So I shut everything down and focused my attention on the pole outside. I opened up the outside box flipped the main breaker and noticed the main ground wire had come loose and was hardly making contact. I tightened it up and shazam everything worked fine.

So long story short I spent $510 bucks to tighten up a loose nut. Fuck me, I guess somedays your the windshield and somedays your the bug? Yesterday I was the bug for sure. But on the bright side I got to replace our 10 year old noisy ass washer with a new quieter one and the wife is loving it. Live and learn I suppose.

7 comments:

Jackie D said...

Both our fridge and washer are noisy and old, but still working. Could you explain in a little more detail which nut I can loosen to replicate your situation and get myself some new appliances?

Hammer said...

A couple of years ago I spent $500 on repair calls and AC technicians who all replaced different parts when I finally discovered the main motor wire was loose.

It happens to the best of us.

Deadman said...

Well what the fuck???

The American people have spent 700 trillion dollars and our nuts are still loose...

I say, Kerrcarto for president...

Imagine the savings!

Rayvet said...

And Kerrcarto's actions actually stimulated and contributed to the economy othe than the other Bozo's plan.

Holder said...

I've repaired my washer and dryer several times, thanks to repairclinic.com. But,I would never never never have touched that nut! I'm allergic to electricity. My college physics professor told me he would go back and change my A to an F if I ever got electrocuted, and I'm not about to mess with my GPA!

PeggyU said...

Mheh. Not to upset domestic bliss, but I suspect your wife is behind that loose nut. We're sneaky that way. How is she enjoying the new washer? ;)

Dan O. said...

Well, at least you have a back up washer now or you could sell it and recover some of the $$.

Holder, I too love the online appliance parts sites. I've ordered parts for and repaired both washer and dryer, also. And I've kept repaired several VCR's around longer too.