Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunday Fishing Report

Robert his son and I went out to the lake yesterday and did some fishing for a few hours. It was kinda windy but we had a good day anyway. Actually one of the best days of fishing in a while. For me at least.
Robert caught a nice sun-perch and a bass.
His son caught a bait perch.
I caught about a 2lb something 16 inch crappie. I shit you not. It was the biggest pan-fish I have ever caught. That made my day and man what a pretty fish. Funny thing is I was fishing with a Strike-King bass lure. The worst thing is my camera is kinda tricky and Robert missed the picture. I threw her back so maybe I will get her again. About ten minutes later I caught me a nice little small mouth and didn't even bother taking a picture of it. Oh well what can I say no picture but I have witnesses to back me up.

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Witnesses or not, I believe you, Kerrcarto! My grandfather was a fisherman from Gaspé. He came to live with us when he was 84. I was 4 years old. He taught me to believe all his fisherman's stories. "I was there, and the boat was full of fish. By the hundreds. I know, I was there!" I always said, "Yes! Pépère, by the hundreds!"

kerrcarto said...

Thanks Claudia, it burns me to not have a picture but it is burned in my brain. So that is all I need.

CharlieDelta said...

Me thinks Robert needs to learn how to work your camera. Hell, what's a fishing pic without the pic!

Glad you had fun dude. That's all that really matters...

Anonymous said...

I am here to bare witness. it's true the digital instant gradification devise made a fool of me. and now my Good freind is left with no real proof, just another fish story. but I can tell you this, we where all suprised to see such a freek of nature in local waters. and just as He was about to return that work of Art loose, I said HEY Let me check it out, and he slung the prize forward with pride, and I was amazed! After thirty plus years of angling I have never asked another Angler to let me hold his catch. Robert.