Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday Beer Report and an Earworm


My buddy Eric came by today (y'all will meet him at blownstar, he's gonna bring out some jams) and brought 2 beers with him. All I can say is DAMN that is definitely the devils beer. Potent! One beer and you got a good ole buzz going, no shit.

I will stick to my Shiner Bock thank you very much.

Don't get me wrong. It is a good beer, VERY strong in taste and alcohol. But damn. If I drank six of those I would be one fucked up puppy, but if you have $15 bucks burning a hole in your pocket and want a good beer to spring on your buddies. Try this one. The dark overlord insists...No not Obama.



BTW: Did you know that the tax code that started in 1913 as fourteen pages now exceeds sixty-seven thousand? Mill that one in your head for a while.

6 comments:

Paul said...

BEER ME!!!!!

CharlieDelta said...

It's on! Bring it!

Hammer said...

That's one of my favorites when I go belgian style ale..it does hurt to spend 8 to 10 bucks for a bottle of beer. but I still do.

Denny said...

Go to Thailand and drink the beer there. It will flat ass knock you on your ass. It comes in quart bottles. Three of us would go into a bar and order one beer ant three glasses.

red collar said...

Hey man, that's Quebec beer! Right on!

8% alcohol, so drink it slow.

I've never had one, though. I stick to Labatt Blue (4.9%) or Belle Gueule.

Anonymous said...

Try some Grimbergen Dubbel. Belgian Abbey Ale with a slight aftertaste of toffee and chocolate. For about 13 a six around here. Wiki for the details.
An excellent well-reviewed brew.