Friday, October 2, 2009

Pimp My Camino

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh man. I was driving home from work tonight and saw this clown coming up in my rear view mirror so I grabbed my phone and snapped this pic. I wasn't quick enough getting the picture off, 'cause I was trying to get a picture of the homeboy behind the wheel too. Damn, straight out of Compton, yo! This homeboy was sporting the crooked hat, lame homeboy sun glasses, gold chains and was driving this thing like he was some kind of badass gangsta...



...a badass gangsta in a purple fucking El Camino, with purple fucking 18" wheels and over sized low-profile tires? BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHA! I couldn't stop laughing.

In 1981, my dad bought a brand new El Camino with the Chevy 350 V-8. This thing got up and went. It handled really good on the corners too. He never had any problems with it, he just gave it regular preventative maintenance and by the time he handed the thing down to me it had 198,000 +/- miles on the original motor and transmission. The biggest problem he had was a minor oil leak from the gasket around the pan and that was probably from my brother and me borrowing it to take to the desert in the early 90's and pushing it beyond it's limits like the dumbass kids we were. After I buy a scanner, I'll have to post some old pictures of us in the desert with this thing when I was 18 and my brother was 21. Damn those were some good times. I sure miss that truck. Lot's of memories.

After Dad handed it down to me, I put another 60k-70k miles on it still on the original motor/transmission and I drove that thing like a motherfucking bat out of hell everywhere I went. That truck took so much abuse, I'm surprised it made it another 10k miles after Dad gave it to me. That's quality right there! Now that it's Government Motors, you'll never see quality like that ever again.

When I saw this homeboy tonight driving that purple pimpin' Camino it brought back all kinds of memories and I had to post the pic. What a way to ruin a completely badass car/truck (cruck?). Go back to Compton you fucking fuck!

7 comments:

labcat said...

ha! business in the front and party in the back.
i used to want an el camino actually i think it was a ford ranchero. anyway, i got over it.

kerrcarto said...

My grandfather still has a 1982 El Camino Conquista. It only has like 75,000 miles on it. He always asks me if I want it when he passes. I just tell him "whatever you want opa".

Paul said...

Dude I saw an El Camino not even two weeks ago that was completely restored. It had a sweet paint job on it, blower on the hood, polished rims, racing tires. It was pretty cool. A retiree had fixed it up. You know how cool those guys are with their cars.

Harper said...

My dad had a rockin' El Camino. I remember taking a road trip to Florida in it when I was 5 or 6. I don't know if this was original equipment or not, but it had this shelf under the back window, behind the seat. I had a bottle of sunscreen sitting on the shelf, we were cruising with the windows down and went on a cloverleaf exit ramp curve and the sunscreen went flying out the window. I had one of those irrational 5 year old fits and made him go back and get it. It, of course, had been run over by the time we got back. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Auntie Vicki said...

Straight out of Compton, huh?
I'm still laughing.

Anonymous said...

Yea I hear ya, The low ridder can buy a new car have 5,000 dollars worth of rims & crome goodie's attached and devalue it by almost ten grand in a single day!

red collar said...

I've never seen a Camino.

But my dad got a Caprice Classic Estate stationwagon in 1978. That was a car. Good memories.

Hehehehe.

GM=Good memories...