Saturday, November 28, 2009

Family Freakshow

Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving! The kids and I spent the day with the ex-wife's family. Even though she lives in another state, I've managed to somewhat keep those connections open for the kids' sake.

Always a little uncomfortable going over there. I have to watch what I say because it all ends up with you-know-fuckin'-who. For example, my daughter had her first sleep-over at her best friend's house last Saturday. Now mind you I know her friend's parents very well and would never put her in a situation that I haven't covered completely. Anyway, their grandpa wanted to have dinner at our house last Saturday and I told him that Cora was going to a sleep-over and Samuel and I were gonna paint the living room and play Risk all night. I guess gramps may not have liked my decision and forwarded because this last Monday I received the most foul-mouthed, vulgar, mean-spirited email from the winch. She was hysterical and literally out of her fucking mind. She told me how stupid of a parent I am. How I'm setting up our daughter for molestation and all that. Oh and get this. I need to take a parenting class. This from the last person in the world who should be lecturing anybody on how to be a parent!! Can you believe this insanity? I didn't bother replying. In fact, my parents told me to destroy the email completely which I did promptly. I was fuming out the ears because I knew exactly what had happened.

So gramps called me up on Wednesday inviting us over for Thanksgiving. Talk about sitting between a rock and a hard place. I accepted. He then asked how Cora did in a persistent tone of voice. Obviously, I played down that action.

Needless to say, I kept the guard up all day on Thursday. And note to self, never offer any information regarding the kids' agenda under any circumstances from here forward. If gramps wants to know what the fuck, then he can pump the kids for information on his own time.

This is the shit I have to put up with. Remember my ex-wife stayed here at my house with the kids for a week earlier this month while I was in Oregon. Since that went smoothly, I thought we had finally managed to construct a peaceful relationship. BZZZZZZZZZ!!! Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. What an unstable absolutely insane bitch. Hope her turkey was tainted!

Some days I wonder why in the hell I choose to stay up here.

So tonight I'm kicking back with a couple of beers and will probably turn it in here pretty soon. I think I've about had it with the family freakshow for one week.

10 comments:

jon spencer said...

Get the email out of the trash and put it in a folder, make a back-up too.
You never know when you or your lawyer will need it.

kerrcarto said...

I agree with jon. Dude if she is that wacky then I would keep all the ammunition I could.

Paul said...

Too late fellas. Deleted items folder emptied. I've deleted everything from over the years because I don't want to risk the kids reading any of this. I'm serious. You have no idea how many sick emails I've gotten from her. Fodder for attorneys? You betcha. Worth keeping around just in case? Probably but fuck it. She can't do anything to us except kick and scream like a little baby.

Fukitol said...

Don't worry about keeping the emails. An attorney can easily subpoena records from an ISP. The emails never go away just like Kwame Kilptricks' text messages never went away in Detroit.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/03/excerpts_of_text_messages_in_e.html

CharlieDelta said...

Risk is hands down THE best board game ever invented! Awesome game to play with your son too.

I agree with Fukitol. The emails never "go away". Nope. Pictures posted on the net don't either. If it ever comes down to it, they can easily be retrieved...

Claudia said...

Paul - Your kids are so lucky to have you as the full-time parent. Can you imagine the problems they would go through, and grow up with, if they would live with the mother, and see you only on a part-time basis? You're such a great, steady guy, Paul. Hang on in there. Not to worry. Nothing she (or her family) can do. Kids know best. They're your pals and best witnesses that you're doing the right things, and making the best decisions where they are concerned.
Take care, friend.:)

Patriot Gretchen said...

your a stand up man, doing a great job with the kids. I try to too. Its hard to fend back "crazy" but you gotta do what you know is best...

keep on keeping on..
G

H2o said...

After talking to you on the phone a few weeks back, anybody that would take a bed skirt has to be fucked up....

Paul said...

Hey Claudia and Patriot. Thanks for the words!!!

H20, ROFL!!! That's right I told you about that. Ain't that fuckin' nuts?

Erica said...

Wait...you were in Oregon?? WHEN???