Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back in Action

I got home yesterday after five days partying with my sis an' bro from other mo's, unpacked, had a nice warm cup of chicken noodle soup and hit the sheets. My body was run down from five days of massive drinkin' and cookin' and watching football and more drinkin'. I think I'm finally re-hydrated. What a blast!

I got a late start Friday morning because Patriot Gretchen kept me up late IM'in' on Thursday night, but I got out of town by 11:00 which was good for me. I made my way up I-5 to the 405 to the I-10 and was on the 1 near Malibu by 1:15 or so. Oh, when I say Malibu, I should really say Mexibu. There were more Mexican landscapers driving around in piece of shit trucks than I've ever seen anywhere in my life. Why is it that these rich Hollywierd/Los Angeles/Mexibu assholes can't afford American landscapers and/or gardeners? They're gonna pay these illegal fucks from Mexico to do their gardening? GMAFB! I hope most of their houses roll off the cliffs into the Pacific. Assholes!

Normally I love the drive up the 1, but when you're driving it's kinda hard to check out the bitchen scenery, smoke and take pictures at the same time but I did get in this one. I was hopin' to get my rod and reel and check out the fishing from this rock, but I didn't have the time. Maybe next time...



It took me no more than three hours +/- a few minutes to make it to the main gate from when I left my place. No stops, and very little L.A. traffic (which surprised the hell out of me). Overall it was a great drive. I had lots of tunes on deck but mainly listened to 95.5 KLOS and that was good enough for me. Just wish I had a doob with me for the drive.




Here's that same rock from base. Z took me down to where he normally fishes and we caught up on some times and drank a few beers with this bitchen view.





I had planned on leaving on Tuesday morning after we spent a day in the ocean on his buddy's boat doing some fishing Monday, but the weather fucking sucked. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I didn't bring any rain gear so we just pounded beers Monday hung out with his wife, his boy and base buddies. That was cool. Definitely a good group of proud Americans!

I woke up late Tuesday and had to be in Pasadena to meet my cousin for lunch and a beer, so I hit the road from Pt. Mugu around 10:30 and made it to Pasadena close to 12:30. It was dumping down rain like a motherfucker and Los Angeles people are the most fucked up people behind the wheel when there's any moisture on the ground or in the air. They either drive 35mph or 90mph. I took the 118 out of Oxnard to the 210 and there were wrecks all over the fucking place. Morons!

I had lunch and a beer with my cousin and then I hit the road home. I took the 210 to I-15 South and it was pretty easy going. The rain pretty much stopped just before I hit the 15 South. Lemme tell you, there are a shitload of morons in Norco whethere it's raining or not. Those morons just don't know how to drive. Period.

I got home around five last night checked emails and hit the sheets. All the drinkin', lack of sleep and then the driving just took it all out of me. I was glad to be home, but I'm already missing my friends from North. I'm gonna have to make another mission up that way in the summer time, or maybe sooner. It was good to see my nephew and my sis an' bro. Hopefully next time we'll be able to rope some fish.

Friday night photo op after Mom went to sleep (atta boy!):




Reilly and Trooper- two of the coolest canines I've ever met in my life:




Monday night. Reilly doesn't really give a shit about football, he just wants to lay on you and take up as much space as possible while his ears get scratched. I'm gonna miss you dude. He's definitely a good buddy for Trooper to punk.




I think I'm finally back in the game, so to speak. When I got home I saw the fucked up news of

this.

Get well Denny!

7 comments:

kerrcarto said...

I was wondering where you disappeared to. How is your brother doing?

Harper said...

Everybody knows that babies prefer their beer in bottles.

Patriot Gretchen said...

Harper,
Bottles cant properly vent the carbonation.

Glad your back CD

Tornado watch in Tucson, WTF
Dear rain and wind, please be kind to all the crappy roofs in my life, thank you for the kick ass sky tonight

I love you America,
PG

CharlieDelta said...

Harper-
I'm just "the uncle" but it appears that he loves cans like myself. Patriot Gretchen has a point on the carbonation factor so that might be where Gav is at. Dunno, I'm just that crazy fucked up uncle.

PG-
Take some pictures and send 'em to me. I've been wanting to visit Tucson and the roofs blowing around in the wind would be a sight to see.

Cheers!

CharlieDelta said...

kerrcarto-
My bro is doing good. He left the hospital the Friday I headed up north and he's doing good. Thanks for asking and thank you for the prayers y'all.

I don't know WTF the Dr. is thinking, as I see this shit happening again in the future, but he (the doc) went to school for this shit and I obviously didn't so I'll take it for what it is. God Bless.

Claudia said...

Great that your brother is OK. Fun to see you back. I always love your trips'posts and photos. That boy is so lucky to be born in that family. Cute as a button. Can understand you missing them all. All the best, CD ;-)

CharlieDelta said...

Thank you Claudia. I love you girl...