Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Ft. Hood Hug Lady

I try to make it a point to shake a soldiers hand when I see them in public. I ran into one just about an hour ago in H-E-B (the grocery store for you non-blowneyes) walked over shook his hand told him thanks for his service and went on my way. I found it kind of cool when I got back into my car and over the radio came a story about the Ft. Hood Hug Lady. She has hugged over 500,000 soldiers! What a wonderful soul. How great is it too know that our soldiers deploying from Ft Hood, Texas to shitholistan have a mother figure to send them off and then greet them and give them a hug when they come home. This lady deserves a Presidential Medal Of Freedom, in my opinion at least.

3 comments:

Paul said...

I always make a point to shake their hands. And you know what? Their faces always light up because they very much appreciate our respect. God bless America!

CharlieDelta said...

Ditto Paul, and if I'm out and see a few at the bar having drinks, I always make a point to buy 'em a round. God bless America indeed!

Patriot Gretchen said...

I have bought lunch, drinks, many countless coffee's for our vets. God love them, I know I do. I like it best when I dont say anything and just pre-pay in line ahead of them.