Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Independence Day Texas!


Today marks 174 years of Texas Independence! Next Friday we are off to the Alamo again (I think this will make my 6th trip with the school) for the tour and then to watch the movie in the Imax theater down the street. I never get tired of it though. I learn something new everytime. Hey CD you still got that picture of me and you at the Alamo?


Remember The Alamo!!

Today is also the 100th anniversary of the first military flight. They are having a celebration at Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio.

9 comments:

Paul said...

It's also my birthday! Great day to be born on.

BG said...

I guess I need to go visit that old mission sometime. Never been yet. I always say I can go anytime, but just never get around to it.

kerrcarto said...

Happy burfday!! I will raise a beer in your honor later today.

Mark@Bismarck said...

Hey I followed the link to the story about 100 years of military flight. Is it just me or does the guy in the old photo look like John McCain. I suppose somebody had to fly it!

Harper said...

Happy Birthday Paul!

CharlieDelta said...

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TEXAS!

kerrcarto-
I don't remember taking any pics of us at the Alamo. We were runnin' late to the airport and only had time to take a quick stroll around it. I was a little bummed we didn't have more time, but I figured I'd be back to spend a good hour or two there and take it all in. I checked my pictures from that trip and didn't find any, so maybe Leslie took some that I never saw?

Happy Birthday Paul, ya old fart! For some reason, I thought your birthday was tomorrow. Maybe because my ex's birthday is tomorrow and I got you two confused because you're both bitches. BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA! Just kiddin'. Happy Birthday motherfucker! This next round is for you...

Paul said...

Yo! Thanks everybody! Spent the day sober and bored at work. Will make up for this nonsense on Friday!

Happy BDay Texas!

FHB said...

Remember the Alamo, remember the Goliad!

Anonymous said...

Obama is an illegal alien. What happened to the constitution when selecting a president?