Sunday, March 7, 2010

Kerrcarto In Wonderland

Since it was a shitty, pissy, Seatle day here in Texas we took the kids and one of the boys friends to see Alice In Wonderland. It was good, I would give it a 3.75 out of 5. The 3D was cool especially once she got into Underworld and Johnny Depp was spot on as the Mad Hatter. Helena Carter was a perfect Red Queen also. Some of it was hokey but all in all it wasn't a waste of $50 (for 5 people, yea.. I know WTF? Why so expensive). If you get a chance take your daughter at the least. Just like the book it was a great little girls movie.

But this is what I am really chomping at the bit to see Clash Of The Titans. I loved the original movie as a kid (I still have the VHS) and I know my boy will love it also. He recently finished the Percy Jackson book series and liked them so I know he will like Clash.

Can't wait!

5 comments:

CharlieDelta said...

I wanna see "The Crazies" or whatever the fuck that flick is called. I loves me some zombie flicks...

PeggyU said...

Yeah, I'd like to see "The Crazies" too.

"Clash of the Titans"? That is one of the cheesiest films ever! :D
All-star cast, plus an unknown-at-the-time Harry Hamlin. I don't know what my favorite part was ... the kraken, Medusa, or what. (Of course I imagine you liked the scenic view of the girl on the beach)! I rented it and made my oldest son watch it. He said it wasn't the worst thing he'd ever seen ... I think that honor went to "The Room" or "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" ... but it did earn honorable mention!

PeggyU said...

My age is showing! I thought you meant this Clash of the Titans!

kerrcarto said...

Peggy, that is the one I was talking about. The one I still own the VHS of. I am surprised it still plays, I watched that movie too many times to count. So your not showing too much age.

Harper said...

I know I watched Clash of the Titans at least a hundred times when I was a teenager. That clickety owl is a little freaky, but I loved the rest of it. I told my kids I wanted them to see the original before the new one. Then they will have a full appreciation for CGI.