Monday, March 29, 2010

No News Day 1

It's been one day and I feel better already!! I have no idea WTF is going on in the world today and, quite honestly, I don't really give a damn! I had to travel down to Tacoma today on assignment and brought along Faith No More "King for a Day," Pixies "Bossanova" and Jane's Addiction "Ritual de lo Habitual." Yes, a little 90s nostalgia. Where the hell is kerrcarto and CD?

We had a fuggin monsoon up here last night and another one this morning. During the night I woke up to the sound of multiple waterfalls! Damnit to hell! My gutters were clogged again! This is three times now within the last six months and I've had it. Those two evergreens next to the garage are about to get whacked! Quote's in and it's gonna run me about $600 but it will be worth it. The others are too big and bad azzzz to whack but at least these two will alleviate about a quarter of the problem. Hell, I'm getting some serious firewood out of the deal for next winter. Anyway, when I got back home I brought out the Craftsman wet/dry vac and started suckin'. It's OK for guys to suck; it's only when dudes start blowin' that's when, you know, issues. Anyway, I had to climb onto the roof to hand clean the very top part. Note to self: cedar shake is slippery when wet! On my way back I pretty much slid on my ass all the way to the ladder. It took almost three hours to complete the job and none too soon because right afterward, I cracked open a cold one and then the monsoon returned. Damn it's really pouring out there. No waterfalls tonight bitches.

Here's some toonage from my personal collection...



So that's day 1 without news and I have, what, six more days to go? All news is bad news. Good news never makes the news but, in my case, no news is good news. But I'll at least get in this one plug...FUCK OBAMA! Had to say it because, after all, it is fuckin' Monday!

One more thing: I don't miss my kids, yet. Maybe in a couple of days I'll start missing them but right now this break is just what the doctor ordered.

12 comments:

kerrcarto said...

Sorry no FOD today SWAMPED with work and sports. Coaching girls basketball and softball teams at the same time is a little overwhelming.

Harper said...

Ya know, they make gutter screens to keep out the leaves and pine needles. You can even use hardware net (like landscaping fabric). Much cheaper than $600. I worry about what would happen to you if you cut down two trees. The tree huggers up there will have you for lunch.

Fukitol said...

"It's been one day and I feel better already!! I have no idea WTF is going in the world today and, quite honestly, I don't really give a damn!"

Told yah... recharge... try living in Michigan...

CharlieDelta said...

Right on Paul. Stick to yer guns and come back with some juice when it's needed for November.

Party, go fishin' with yer buddies, go campin', go to the range, go get a massage with a happy ending! Like Fuckitol said, 'recharge'!

It's gonna be an uphill battle...

Fukitol said...

BTW - Where's my fuggin pic on the FOD wall? I sent it the day after St. Patty's.

CharlieDelta said...

Fukitol, did you send it to gravdigr@cebridge.net? If so, you'll have to ask kerrcarto...

Paul said...

Fukitol-
No shit man!

Harper-
Can't because my house has the old school built-in gutters with torch-down surfacing. To put on gutters like you are talking about or LeafGuard (which are the best by the way I know because I had those installed on my previous home)would require a complete eaves and fascia replacement and roof modification. I'm stuck with these sons of bitches!

kerrcarto said...

Fukitol- Send it again man. It might have gotten junked. Make sure the subject is FOD. I WILL put it on the FOD wall.

SandraV said...

"One more thing: I don't miss my kids, yet. Maybe in a couple of days I'll start missing them but right now this break is just what the doctor ordered."
Know what ya mean. Mine are on Spring break and staying with their cousins in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. So its like we got spring break too! We are eating out (2 is much cheaper then 5), and even sleeping in a bit each morning.
Relax, take it easy. And my vote is to take the chainsaw to the needle dropping bastards! "$600"??? too close to the house to do it yourself????

Paul said...

Sandra, I'm not climbing those bastards! I might be dumb but I ain't stupid. :)

Fukitol said...

Kerrcarto, pic sent again.

Anonymous said...

Just do like they do in Florida - remove all gutters from the house - problem solved!

Barrie