Monday, May 3, 2010

Mmmmm...tasty oil!

I've been asked by a few friends over the weekend my thoughts on the BP oil spill. First and foremost we don't have all the facts. Specifically, what caused that explosion? From an engineering standpoint, I'm assuming that this explosion caused great damage to the rig because there are supposed to be a series of automatic manifolds that shut off the oil flow in emergency situations. Were all of these safety systems destroyed? This must have been one huge explosion. But, again, I don't have the facts. I've heard the conspiracy theories. Yawn... Until the cause of the explosion is resolved, I won't dabble into any of the conspiracies, although I will admit that I am intrigued by them. Just ask kerrcarto how much I love conspiracy theories. He's still pissed at me because I believe the government is behind 9-11, but that's off topic. Speaking of government...

Since a report prepared during the mid-1990s, our government has been on notice that a burn boom is the most effective way to contain an oil spill, yet none are currently on hand anywhere along the Gulf Coast. I read a recent report that we are having to tow some from as far away as South America. Are you fucking kidding me?! We spend how many billions of dollars on this worthless EPA and they don't have a fucking burn boom on hand? Unfuckingbelievable. How about BP? You big oil mother fuckers have one? Nope. They are expensive (I will estimate between $500,000 and $1,000,000 each but that's peanuts compared to the environmental and economical damage oil spills have caused in the past). The government response has been nothing short of pathetic. They can't seem to mobilize the appropriate resources because they have tied their hands behind so many godless bureaucracies that by the time they get their act together, the damage has been done. Just ask New Orleans.

Just like Katrina, the BP oil spill presents more solid proof that the United States government is incapable of protecting us, incapable of telling us the truth about anything, incapable of competently responding to any natural or man-made disaster of any scope. It's obvious this spill has gone beyond what BP is capable of handling and, apparently, beyond what the government can handle as well. This spill could have been contained. I certainly hope you people have your 6-month survival kits well stocked in your homes. Because you'll need them one day I promise.

I'm so tired of wasting my tax dollars on these sorry sick mother fucking government people. Wow you people suck.

6 comments:

labcat said...

industries are required to have a containment barricade type thingy around anything hazardous such as in barrels. i don't understand why they didn't have to have the same type containment on hand before any operation or at least a plan. and no, the government will not take care of you but apparently here in flooded TN we don't need no stinkin' gov't to take care of us.

CharlieDelta said...

This off-shore-drillin debacle is a fucking debacle of major proportions and gives these assholes a reason to exploit "a crisis" like they've always wanted to, but you need a kick in the nads if you think Dubya was behind 9/11 and killed 3,000+ Americans...

Dude.

rayvet said...

How was the US government supposed to protect us from Katrina?

kerrcarto said...

I'm not pissed at you dude. Your just wrong.

Paul said...

Rayvet, the engineers who designed those levies in the 1920s told the government that it wasn't a matter of if but when. Those levies were designed to withstand at most a category 3. You look throughout Louisiana's history and you'll find that each time money is appropriated for levy upgrades, it ends up disappearing. So I stand my ground. The government is incapable of doing anything good for the country.

CD, we'll have to sit down and discuss the topic. I think you'll find I'm not as nuts as you think.

CharlieDelta said...

"So I stand my ground. The government is incapable of doing anything good for the country".

Cheers to that. If you can't stand your ground on that you guarantee, I'll be there to back you up,and hold you up brother!

Don't get me wrong Paul, I believe this government has been dry-fucking the American People, THE PEOPLE, for far too many years, but I can't fathom Dubya being behind 9/11.

The next time I see you, I would love to sit down, crack a beer, smoke a doob and rally. As conservative as I know you are, I would be interested to hear your take on it. Just do me one favor and don't involve that fruitcake Jesse Ventura, or I'll have to kick you square in the nads! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!