The crap going on in Washington, DC this week is proof positive that our tax system is not only broken but self-defeating, complicated beyond comprehension, and unproductive. Leave it to Washington, DC to ignore the simple solutions and turn this into a legislative nightmare.
Simple economic solution:
1) Extend current tax rates across all brackets and stop branding this a tax cut!
2) Place a moratorium on the AMT for 2010 and 2011.
3) Eliminate the death tax because it's a jobs killer and unconstitutional in the first place.
4) Just leave the social security tax rates where they are for now as this program is doomed anyway.
5) Repeal the 1099 provision in the Health Scare bill.
Congress' most likely solution:
Yeah, you fucks.