Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl XLV In A Nutshell

1.) Christina embarrassed herself by totally fucking up the National Anthem on live TV. Way to go dumb ass! Next time, try singing it like a normal person instead of trying to imitate Whitney fucking Houston. Maybe you'll get it right.

2.) I lasted about 10 seconds into the boring Halftime Show bullshit before I had to leave the room and go burn one. Are you kidding me? Who fucking books these acts? Elmer Fudd?

3.) I only saw about 20 minutes of the game itself, and 75% of that was 4th quarter. I couldn't care less about either team. In fact, fuck 'em both! I think next year I'm gonna go camping on Super Bowl weekend. Everyone else will be at home watching the ridiculous bullshit while I will be camping, relaxing, and not giving two shits about the circus the NFL has become.

Yup! That's the ticket...

If you missed tonight's embarrassing version of The (ah-hem) National Anthem, here it is. I apologize ahead of time if this makes you queasy and sick to your stomach, because that's what it did to me.



Hey Christina, maybe you should be taking notes from these fine young Americans.

13 comments:

Paul said...

Just got home from a super bowl party. Good friends. Good food. Good beer. Good smokes. But the game was a snore fest, the anthem a disaster, and the halftime show another snore fest. Oh well. Unless the Cowboys or the Seahawks are playing in it, who gives a fuck.

Anonymous said...

What for that pissy ass singing I believe someone was trying to call in an air-strike.

CenTexTim said...

"air-strike" - love it.

I'm so tired of these know-nothing posers butchering the Anthem because they think it's all about them. Sing it like it's supposed to be sung or move along and let someone else sing it who knows what they're doing.

The best part by far of the whole mess was the standing ovation given to U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Salvatore Giunta, the first living recipient of the Medal of Honor since the Vietnam war.

kerrcarto said...

I missed the opening so I was spared the butchering of the anthem.

This about sums up the halftime show. I asked The Girl if she thought it was entertaining about 45 seconds into it. She replied "yes" I asked her why and she said " at least everyone gets to laugh at them" So we cranked up some Robert Earl Keen.

That pretty much sums up the game for me also.

Fukitol said...

Why I fucked up a perfectly good afternoon of sitting around my fire-pit outside drinkin', smokin' and jokin' with neighbors passing by on their snowmobiles and walking their dogs just to watch a faggy Afro-Saxon wet-dream that has become the Negro Football League's Sideshow is befuckingyond me.

Never. Again.

Anonymous said...

"super" BS aside,

Thank you for posting the amazing version from Tech,

restores some hope

CharlieDelta said...

Anonymous-
I don't remember where I first saw that clip of the Tech girls doing the best version I have probably ever heard, but it's one I have saved to my hard drive and gets played whenever I need to get fired up! Which is quite often...

Glad you enjoyed it.

Claude said...

I always get a lump in my throat when you post those sweet children, CD. And it's not my country. Just to show what the proper rendition of your beautiful National Anthem can do.

CharlieDelta said...

Amen Claude. That's one of the many reasons why we love you. :-)

And I have to beg to differ. This is your country more than most of the assholes I run across on a daily basis that are "American" only because they were lucky enough to be born here. Beyond that, they couldn't give a two shits about this country.

Claude said...

Thank you, CD. Ever since I lived in Texas in the 60s, and fell in love with the real America, a part of my heart became American. I'm proud you think I belong.:-)

kerrcarto said...

Claude, I will have to send you a Texas bumper sticker for your car. E-mail me your address!

Claude said...

Kerrcarto, Thanks for the offer. I don't drive anymore but I would love to have a Texas bumper sticker. I would put it in my living room as a work of art! I sent my address to the email address you have with your profile, and my message was returned to me. Maybe you have a new email?

Best wishes to you, and family.

PeggyU said...

Wow... that really sucked! Right up there with Roseanne.