Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blast From The Past

Back in the '80's, when I was first being introduced to desert camping, my buddy's dad "Uncle" Dave would always take us to this place called the Fortuna Foothills, just east of the Yuma/Mexifornia border. We were just punk-ass kids back then, more interested in lighting fireworks and shooting beer bottles than most anything else, but I can remember looking forward to the sun going down and the campfire being lit. It was always this time when Uncle Dave and his buddies would walk off in the distance for 10 minutes and then return to camp looking chinese-eyed and talking different. At the time, I had no idea what they were doing. Now? LMAO!

I can't remember there ever being a trip without one of those guys getting out their ghetto blaster around the campfire and picking up the Dr.Demento Show on some radio station in Yuma. I used to really love listening to that shit. I thought it was hilarous. I guess back then, I liked most anything with cussing and/or "adult" content in some form or another. Dr.Demento never left us hangin' either. Thank GOD the censorship nazi's didn't have the strength back then that they have now. Fuck! Those are some fond childhood memories of mine. Tonight Uncle Dave emailed me some old pictures of those days with this Youtube link. I remember hearing this song when I didn't even know (or care) who Queerdaffy was. Now I know who he is, and would certainly kill the son of a bitch if I ever had that golden opportunity.

I'm not sure what it was, maybe a 'contact high' from Uncle Dave's stoner buddies back then, but 30 years ago I thought this song was hilarious. WTF? That must have been one hell of an acid trip Dr. Demento was on when writing his material, or I was on when I found it as funny as I did. There's no other logical explanation for it. The man was higher than outer space.



So those fine, upstanding citizens of Labia want a new muzzie leader? No problem. I have a solution. Let's kill two birds with one stone and just give them ours. Problem solved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well since the name is spelled technically with the "Qaff" letter in Arabic, which is a gutteral K sound, most of us linguists would transliterate with a Q. But apparently G is popular with non-linguists because of the pharyingal sounding nature.

kerrcarto said...

I just refer to him as Dickheaded Asshole. It is easier to pronounce and spell.