Friday, April 15, 2011

Atlas Shrugged Part 1

Well, this should be interesting. I can't think of a more appropriate period of time other than now to release this kind of movie. I understand that Part 1 covers roughly one-third of the book. It's relatively low-budget with an undistinguished cast but I've read some fairly positive reviews about it thus far. The trailer below has over 1.3 million hits so there is definitely widespread interest out there.



In all honesty, I would recommend reading the book first. My hardcopy has 1,168 pages, but I can't pinpoint a book of this size that I've read faster. Ayn Rand envelopes the reader. It's a gripping tale. And the relevance is creepy considering that this book's copyright date is 1957. Who knows? Will the lights be on in New York by the time Part 3 is released?

2 comments:

Mark@Bismarck said...

Only if New York figures out what really matters....and what does not. Far too many people think that success is NOT having to work and NOT contributing to our society, but rather leeching off of it as if they were 'owed' this. The people riding in the wagon can pass all the laws and rules they wish. Eventually those that work will get tired of carrying those who refuse to. It's just a matter of time.....

kerrcarto said...

Even if it is a shit movie, I am going to see it. Just to send hollyweird a message.