Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Beer Is Food And I'm Hungry!

A big round of applause for Mr. J. Wilson! 46 Days straight. Wow! Had I known Mr. J. Wilson was considering this attempt I would've gladly volunteered to be the Guinnea Pig for testing purposes. That Illuminator Doppelbock must be some pretty stout shit, because his 5 per weekday and 6 per weekend regiment wouldn't cut it for me, and I'm a bean pole. Let's double that daily intake, and then we're talkin'.

For Lent, Christians often give up something to remember the sacrifice they believe Jesus made for them on the cross. Wilson decided to give up all food and drink except beer.

Amen! I like that idea. I've never given anything up for Lent. Maybe next year I'll try giving up work for 46 days so I can sit back and enjoy what God intended us to enjoy; ice cold American made beer!

If you’re wondering if Wilson will ever drink beer again after living on nothing but beer for 46 days, he said he’ll probably take a break from doppelbock, but on Easter Sunday he brewed 10 more gallons of a different recipe.

Of course he did! He's an American for cryin' out loud, not some euro-trash pussy!




"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin

The picture of these two dudes reminded me of this Black Label Society jam. I think all the bases are covered don't you?

No comments: