Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Morning Fear Factory

Since our time stamp is on Texas time, technically it's Friday already, even though my clock is saying that it's only Thursday at 23:15 in San Diego. I try not to waste my time with bullshit symantics, so I'm going to ignore my clock for the time being. Hell, it's Friday Happy Hour somewhere in the world, so fuck it.

I don't do coffee in the morning. Energy drinks make me feel nervous and twitchy. The little "5 Hour Energy" shots that 7/11 sells never really appealed to me. I've never tried that shit, but to know I wouldn't like it, I don't have to. I got the coke scene out of my system in my late 20's/early 30's, and that meth shit is just flat out evil. Fuck. That. I would like to put a few pounds on this year, so eating diet pills for their "speed effect" seems rather stupid to me. What else is there? For me? Nothing.

Nah, none of that shit gets me going in the morning like music does. Metal or punk is typically the most effective as my morning energy medicine, but it's not a pre-requisite to be played in my truck. I've been known to rock out to some Night Ranger, and even Joan Jett, just to name a couple off the top of my head. Yeah, I know... probably too much information. (smartass comment from Paul in 3.....2.....1......)....

Anyways, my CD changer was in "shuffle" mode tonight when I got home from work, and this was the first song it picked as I was grabbing a beer. That was a foreshadowing moment that I didn't even recognize at the time, but it's the reason for this post, and the reason why I'm shitfaced hammered in front of my computer right now instead of in bed where I should have been 2 hours ago.

When I pull out of my driveway in seven hours, still half-drunk and tired as fuck, the Obsolete album by Fear Factory will be cued up and ready to go in my truck, and ready to be played in the upper numbers on my volume control. For me, that's better than any fucking coffee or energy drink out there. And it's been proven to work for me for the last 20+ years. I'm gonna be unstoppable in the morning. Until then, I need to finish my dinner and sleep off some of this heavy-duty buzz that's rolling around my head right now. I didn't realize it was so late already. Maybe that's why I'm so fucked up right now. Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Paul said...

hahahah!!! Dude, I can't deliver a smart-ass comment because you caught me diggin' a Madonna video on facebook a few days ago. Remember? Yeah, bitch. ROFL!!!

Anyway, Fear Factory fucking rulez! I thought you had tickets to see them this year.

Paul said...

Also check out their "Demanufacture" album. It fucking rocks, too!

Bear said...

Never really listened to Fear Factory before, but it sure enough picked my ass up off the ground this mornin'. Nice pick.

CharlieDelta said...

Yeah Paul, I was all lined up for the tickets and I had to bail at the last second. Money is too fucking tight right now to go see shows. In a month I'm going on a fishing excursion in the Sierra's. That alone is setting me back a little.

Personally I think Demanufacture is their best album to date, but there isn't much of their music that I don't like.