Friday, June 24, 2011

Why Am I Still Here?

Here in San Diego that is...

Right now I should be heading to the airport to start my traditional double-Crown/rocks before my flight into San Antonio for a weekend of Blownstar; total and complete decadence with a bunch of bitchen Blowneyed Blodgers. What the fuck am I still doing here? This year getting the time off from work just wasn't going to happen. My trip to the Sierra's last month pretty much sealed that deal for me. I don't know why I give a shit about my job because it doesn't give a fuck about me. At the rate this economy is going, I'll be lucky to even still have a job by the end of the summer anyways. Public works construction has all but completely dried up in San Diego. Los Angeles has a shitload of federal projects bidding but there's no way on God's green earth that I will ever move to that fucking shit hole.

Anyways, I am fucking bummed that I couldn't make the trip this year. Fuck! I guess I will probably cry in my beer all weekend long now. I'm gonna have to track down some Shiner and get fucked up tonight just because that would be the right thing to do.

I want pictures kerrcarto!

6 comments:

kerrcarto said...

The Hill Country has shit tons of highway construction going on. Just sayin'

CharlieDelta said...

I know dude. I've been paying attention to that lately. I might have to fly out for a week and start checking out prospective employment. I'm near the end of my rope, my fuse is short, and I'm on the edge in this God forsaken shit state. Something's gotta give.

Paul said...

You should check out all the action in Washington's Tri-Cities area related to the Hanford project. Arid region hot in the summer and lots of snow in the winter. Low cost of living compared to Seattle and especially Shitifornia!

Party hard kerrcarto. I won't miss next year and that's a promise!

Harper said...

We miss you here, CD. I have perfected an impression of you, but will only do it for you in person.

CharlieDelta said...

LMAO! I can only imagine what that might be Harper. Well, you have a year to work out any kinks, 'cause I'm not missing it next year! THAT is a guarantee...

Brooke said...

I ask myself the same question every day. Stuck here in San Diego, and it BLOWS! We too spend a lot of time in the Sierra's, Lone Pine in particular where there's family property, and I would miss that, but California is a shit hole and I want OUT!!