Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Night Anarchy!!

Last Friday we packed up the truck and headed to a huge camping party out past Wapato in eastern Washington. After picking ourselves up Saturday morning still buzzed, we cleaned up, ate a fine lunch, some hair of the dog, and headed to The Gorge Amphitheatre! The lineup: Meat Puppets, Mastodon, Queens of the Stone Age, and SOUNDGARDEN! Tailgated for a while with thousands of other enthusiastic music fans and then headed to the amphitheatre for arguably one of the sickest fuckin' shows I've seen in years! And I'm not alone in this assessment. Great show! Great crowd! And all the bands were fantastic! Queens of the Stone Age rocked the fuckin' house! Those riffs were so tight and punishing! The sun went down behind the mountains just before they finished their set, and Soundgarden kicked off right at dusk. An unbelievable experience! The acoustics in this amphitheatre are beyond words. I realize the Gorge may not be practical for most people due to its remote location, but if you love great outdoor venues and if you love music as much as I do, then you must place The Gorge on your "shit I have to do before I die" list!

There are a bunch of Soundgarden videos of this concert on youtube but most have terrible audio which is understandable. I posted a pretty good one on my facebook page a few days ago. Here is a decent video of "Fell on Black Days" which was an apex moment for me that evening. The stars were aligned! And I'm happy to share this experience with you. Have a great weekend! Cheers!



3 comments:

kerrcarto said...

Dude! Fell On Black Days and Blow Up The OUtside world are my two favorites! Rock out with your cock out!

Paul said...

Fucking right on! You, me and CD should do this together one summer. You won't regret it I fucking promise!

CharlieDelta said...

Fuck yeah Paul! I am a big fan of live shows, but even bigger a fan of outdoor venues like The Gorge. That just looks like the ultimate place to see a show. The "remote location" part of it in an attraction as far as I'm concerned.
And I am totally on board with checking that out with my two brothers from other mothers some time. I've been through Washington State on a couple occasions to visit some friends once for a weekend and once when I helped my brother move to Oregon. Once again, I never had time to check anything out. You know, the "local" scene. You can learn a lot about a place after just one night of getting fucked up rowdy-drunk with the locals. It's a different story when you have a brother/tour guide who happens to be a fucked up rowdy-drunk local showing you around. Happy Friday brothers!