Thursday, October 20, 2011

Anybody? Bueller?

I know we have quite a few military folks that read this blog, so I am hoping one of y'all can tell me what these are and their use. They say property of the US Army Air Force on them and have a 5 digit number on one of the tailfins. They look like dummy practice bombs to me, but I never served. My buddies grandfather gave them to him when he died and they have been door stops for the last few years. They weigh about 24 beers and are about four beer cans tall each (What? How do you weigh and measure things). If anybody can tell me what they are I would appreciate it




8 comments:

Paul said...

Roseanne Barr's dildos?

kerrcarto said...

If only they were live...

B....... said...

I've seen these things many times, kerrcarto. They're ceremonial door stops.

SandraV said...

Maybe they are door stops, but what is with the hole on the side?

look here:
http://www.urbanremainschicago.com/index.php/previously-sold/vintage-c-1950-s-100-lb-enameled-steel-aerial-inert-practice-dummy-bomb.html

and here

http://griffintradingco.1stdibs.com/store/furniture_item_detail.php?id=535119

here:

http://www.warbirdsite.com/Collection.html

boilerdoc said...

the holes are most likly to string rope between them like the cattle hearders in a movie theatre

Cavedogg said...

Bassically yea glorified doorstops. They are nothing more than dress for winding people thru ropes like going to a bank. It's been many years since the last time I had to lug stuff like that for anything strange thing is I kinda miss those days. And hell it was easier to move those than to move the real stuff.

BG said...

Beers for measurement? My Dad does that. Ask him how far it is somewhere and he'll say, "It's about a 6 pack. Dallas is an 8 beer drive at least!"

kerrcarto said...

Umm, ok try again. If these are "cattle herders". I will eat my hat.