Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fuck!

Comcast does not serve my new address in the San Antonio area. This means that I'm going to lose my email address that I've had for years and years. I am one of the original cable broadband customers. To give you an idea as to how long I've been on this particular network, I first signed up when Excite ran it @excite. At&T then acquired the network, and my address changed to @attbroadband and then @home. Comcast subsequently acquired it, and my address changed to @comcast.net. xfinity has since taken over but Comcast customers have kept the @comcast address. But no more. My Comcast service will be disconnected next Tuesday at midnight. Now I'm sure cable Internet is available where I'm going, but it will be with a different service provider, thus I will lose my original email address. Fucking fuck. I don't know why I'm so attached to it. I guess it's because I've had it for so long and all my peeps know where to find me. And all of my utilities, newsletters, and other services are linked to it. Arghhh!!

What's that Yes song? "Changes"

12 comments:

Harper said...

When I moved into this house, I couldn't get DSL, much less cable. I survived a year on DIAL UP as they installed the fiber optic network. Get a web based email address and forwarding service and make the break now.

CharlieDelta said...

I was wondering if I could keep the same address when I GTFO of here but I have a Gmail account in the case of me running into the same bullshit.

Really Harper? DIAL UP???

kerrcarto said...

Pauldo, look into GVTC.

Paul said...

Thanks kerrcarto. I'll call them tomorrow.

CenTexTim said...

+1 for GVTC. I use them and have been very satisfied. Plus when you call them for tech support you get a real live human being who lives in the same zip code you do and who speaks native-born All-American English. What a novel idea...

Paul said...

That sucks. GVTC doesn't serve my new address. Think I'm stuck with Time Warner. :( I checked their rates, and their service comparable with Comcast's is more expensive. The hell?

kerrcarto said...

TW is a fucking rip off. They keep deleting channels and charging more.

CenTexTim said...

And TW's alleged customer service is the worst in the known universe. I despise those crooked incompetent bastards.

Paul said...

Yeah, I'm fucked. I am addicted to cable broadband and I won't switch. I'm ready for you, TW. Give it to me baby! fuckers

Anonymous said...

What ever you do, stay the hell away from GVTC. You will never forgive yourself if you sign up with them.

Anonymous said...

I pay $60 for 12mb down and 1.5mb up with GVTC. With time warner you can get 30mb down and 5 mb up for $50. WTF!! unfortunately time warner does not service my address.

Anonymous said...

Definitely do not sign up with GVTC. Inferior services at superior prices. They serve the rural areas and take advantage of the people as they have no alternatives.