Friday, March 23, 2012

Finally!

For the last 15 years I've been on the hunt for a set of clean sounding strings that were light enough for the thin and elegant neck of the Gibson SG, but had heavy bottom end for those cranked-up-loud power chords that need low crunch with good tone. Too light? I start breaking strings. Too heavy? I can only play for 20 minutes before my fingers are begging for a break. Mainly though, I don't want to put too much stress on the thin neck of my beat-up SG. This guitar has been so good to me. I've settled with Power Slinkys for the last seven years or so, and overall they sound great (for my shitty style) but they always left me with something to be desired. Heavy bottom! I think I may have found 'em. BOOM!














I'm leaving in a couple hours for a weekend in Northern Mexico Central Mexico Shitville Los Angeles to get shitfaced party with my cousin for his 40th birthday so I won't be able to try this set out until I get back on Sunday, but I have a good feeling that after 15 minutes with these, I'm never going back to the Power Slinkys again...

Have a great weekend. I'm outta here!

No comments: