Monday, March 12, 2012

How Not To Drive In Slippery Conditions

Living in sunny San Diego, it's not that often that I see much snow or ice unless I drive about an hour east to the Laguna Mountains which gets its share of both almost every winter. Needless to say, I don't have a whole lot of experience driving in the snow or ice; a little, but not a lot. Much like any other slippery road condition, I would expect that speed is a major contributing factor in most accidents. It's hard to tell in this video exactly what caused the SUV to swerve initially, but what happens after that is fucked up. Fucked up for him. I guess timing really is everything. Damn!


8 comments:

LisaKay said...

Happy Birthday CD!!

Anonymous said...

The distracted SUV driver drifted towards the centerline which was covered with a couple of inches of snow/slush. Instead of lifting off the accelerator and slowly (and safely) steering out of the slush the startled driver over-corrected, sending the SUV into the small truck. The next few seconds needs no explanation. I have never seen an SUV explode like that...

Anonymous said...

HFS-I wonder where that occured?

CharlieDelta said...

Thank you LisaKay! Ugh...

Anon1- That's pretty much how I had what happened summed up. Some people, when they get behind the wheel lose all forms of common sense. And I have never seen anything explode like that.

Anon2- I was wondering the same thing. The video didn't have much info about anything. I was also wondering why there was a video camera rolling in the first place. Who drives around with a camera rolling like that besides cops?

PeggyU said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, CD!!!

Hope you had one of these.

CharlieDelta said...

Thanks PeggyU. I did not get one of those beer cakes(looks delicious) but I did consume massive quantities of beer.

Anonymous said...

Horry Clap-just like that, you're dead
MM

Goldenrod said...

My nephew, (Sheriff's Dept.), says their cameras don't run until you turn on your lights and/or siren.

That's a sobering video.