Thursday, March 22, 2012

Old Ladies And New Cars

I was out at the Little League fields this afternoon doing some make ready for this weekends opening day, mowing, dragging the fields, shit like that and my stomach reminded me that I needed to eat something. So I drive over to Whataburger and grab me a bite to eat. While sitting and ponering other things that needed to be taken care of, I realized Charlie had not been out in a while. So, I load up and head towards the house. On my way home a Black Chevy in front of me puts on the hazzard lights and pulls into the shoulder. An older lady gets out and starts trying to flag down people. I see her but it is too late for me to slow down enough to get behind her and see what is up. I make the block and come up behind her and step out of the Trooper and ask her what the problem is. Have you run out of gas? Car broke down? Nope. "I can't figure out how to turn off the hazzard lights." I stick my head in and push the button with the red triangle on it and viola they turn off.

My good deed for the day was easy.

3 comments:

CenTexTim said...

Was she by any chance blonde...?

Harper said...

Did she tell you how the hazard lights got turned on?

john said...

people like that shouldn't even drive a bicycle, let alone a car.