Thursday, April 26, 2012

Steel Target Paint Removal - A Tutorial

Steel Target Paint Removal
Featuring The Mossberg 590A1

If any of you have ever tried to sand or remove paint from steel targets that have been shot full of holes after a weekend of non-stop marksmanship maintenance, you know that there can be some really sharp edges where the metal jacket has "melted" into the steel at the point of penetration. I have sliced up my fingers pretty good a time or two just carrying the targets back to the trucks when it's time to go home. Removing the old paint can be a real bitch sometimes. Especially in and around those razor sharp holes. One technique (or procedure) that I prefer to use is one that won't result in wasting money on sandpaper and needless doctors visits to re-attach fingers or stitch up the gaping wounds to your hands. Unless you know someone with a sand-blaster or have one yourself, this is much more practical and effective in the real world as well. And in all honesty, it's also way more fuckin' fun!! As an added bonus, you'll end the day with that rewarding feeling of knowing that you've done your part to make some pacifist liberal pussy somewhere soil themselves. I mean c'mon now.........that alone should be enough of a reward to make sure you do the right thing...


3 comments:

CenTexTim said...

"I have sliced up my fingers pretty good a time or two just carrying the targets back to the trucks..."

That's why I have my wife or kids do it! :-)

CharlieDelta said...

CTT,
So are you saying that you'll let me borrow them the next time we're packing up from a weekend at the range?

CenTexTim said...

Ha!