Tuesday, August 14, 2012

This Isn't A Dry Heat...

More like it feels like 120 right now. It's fuckin' humid and shitty outside right now and this will be day two helping my buddy Z move into his new place.  Last night we were moving his firearms and ammo at midnight and I was soakin' wet from head to toe.  It just gets worse the more beers consumed, but we're moving and that's just part of moving.  For me it is.  Sometimes it almost makes it fun......well, on second thought, who the hell am I trying to kid. Moving blows. Period!

Not only does Z have a lot of shit, it's a lot of heavy furniture, Marshall 4x12 cabinet, a heavy Fender amp, three guitars, 9 rifles, a shitload of ammo cans, two flat screens, a couple oak tables, just all heavy shit.  There's more heavy shit to move tonight. Oh, I guess I should mention that he is moving into an upstairs condo too, so I have that going for me. I don't remember it being this muggy, sticky, and completely shitty like this agonizingly humid weather we have right now.  I was in Arizona last week and the 117 degrees was pleasant compared to this shit. Why?  Because that 117 was the dry heat!  Can't wait to get to the dry heat, 'cause this feels like shit!












6 comments:

Brooke said...

You live in Santee too?! If so, small world. I found your blog a little over a year ago, after somehow stumbling on to 'Grouchy Old Cripple', and noticed you were from San Diego by your posts, now I see Santee weather posted. So yeah, that's all I had to say. I'm sure you're saying "so fucking what", huh?!

kerrcarto said...

It is going to be 102 with 57% humidity today here in The Hill Country. Fuck Me ;~(

Greasywrench AKA rich b said...

I feel for you CharlieDelta. I'm only a little more than a hundred miles North and it's a nice breezy eighty here in San Pedro. Then again we get a marine layer here. I'm five minutes walking distance from the beach and marinas. Out in the valley it's over one-hundred. Gotta love the ocean.

CharlieDelta said...

Brooke-
Small world indeed. I'm not in Santee but that's where we've been moving all this stuff to. It seems even worse in Lakeside, but maybe that's just because I'm burned out on all the flatbillers with shitty tattoos and attitudes. HA! Cheers neighbor!

GreasyWrench-
I used to live by the ocean but I can't stand all the freaks the ocean tends to attract so I'm inland a good 15 miles. I sure do miss that perfect sleeping weather year around though. This humidity blows harder than Bawney Fwank at a gay pride parade...

PeggyU said...

It's the humidity that gets us, here north of Seattle. The temperatures have been in the mid to upper 80's lately, but there's no relief from the heat when sweat doesn't evaporate.

A friend of mine and I have been walking to shed a few pounds, and even when we start at 5:30 a.m. the humidity is apparent. It is strange how quickly things begin to warm up even before the sun is fully risen.

Brooke said...

Dude, I had to double check with my husband to make sure HE wasn't writing this blog, cause you sound just like him, on just about everything. We call those flatbillers "Bozos"; we do call them worse, but we had to come up with a name to use around the kids when we point out the douchebag retards.
Cheers to you too!