Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Shitty Start

The new year started off with a kick in the ass. We lost my Uncle Ralph this morning. Apparently he climbed up on a two foot step ladder and fell Saturday. Some time between that incident and Monday he was not feeling well and went to the doctor who ordered emergency surgery. He had busted up his guts and two vertebrae, they had to remove a section of his intestine (lower or upper I do not know) the surgery went well and the sawbone said he expected a full recovery. Unfortunately some time during the night he went into septic shock from the bacteria that had built up in his blood and died.

That makes two of my grandfathers kids he has had to bury. My mom and his only son.

Godspeed Uncle Ralph, I'll buy the beers when we meet next!

7 comments:

River Rat said...

Sorry for your lose, I'll pop a top for Uncle Ralph as we speak.

John said...

Sorry for your loss.

CharlieDelta said...

Damn man. Sorry to hear that. Crackin' a cold one for Uncle Ralph right now.

CenTexTim said...

So sorry to hear about Uncle Ralph. My thoughts, prayers, and Shiners are with him, you, and the family.

angrymike said...

Sorry to hear bad news already, Godspeed uncle Ralph..........sorry for your loss......

Fukitol said...

My sincere condolences to you, and your family, Kerrcarto.

Harper said...

So sorry for your loss, I was reading about him on your FB post. What a wonderful man. Condolences to your family, you are in my thoughts and prayers.