Sunday, January 20, 2013

Your Pastor's View On The Gun Grab?

This is good. Real good. I'm not sure if we have many readers who go to church or who practice religion, but even if you don't this is something that will make you look at the gun grab possibly from a different angle. It's a little long, but it's certainly a good read, and it's absolutely a topic that I would like to hear my folks' Pastor address in one way or another. I might even go to church more than twice a year if current and critical issues like this were regularly addressed by the man up there preaching the word, but I digress...

Check out A draft letter for your Pastor, and If you go to church and are so inclined, ask your Pastor (or whoever) up there preaching the word to address this letter explain it to you. I think I know what the Pastor at my folks church is going to say, but who knows, he could say the complete opposite of what I think he would say. I'd like to get something out of him either way, but I can already feel what the right thing to do is... 

2 comments:

Fukitol said...

The incremental New Left Marxists we see running our Constitution through a shredder today, got all your pastorships by the 501(c)(3) short hairs a half a century ago.

Most congregations today wouldn't see their pastor say shit if he had a mouthful do to fear of IRS harassment.

Let us know what your Pastor has to say, CD.

crankyjohn said...

I stopped going years ago. Reason # 1 was the cowardice of the church, pastors in particular to speak out against the government. If so called christians would have gotten out and voted and stood up for what they say they believe, we would not be cursed with Obama. There is a event call Pulpit freedom sunday where pastors speak out and dare the IRS to infringe on their first amendment rights. Out of the literally HUNDREDS, if not thousands of churches in my city, I could only find two that had participated, and one was a biker church. Pathetic.