Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Merry Marry

Here's my take on marriage. Now that the issue has finally reached the Supreme Court, I would like to offer my opinion. First off, I don't really give a fuck who marries what so let me get that out of the way right now. The notion that legalized gay marriage will doom our nation is about as laughable as watching the Cooncracker ride his little bicycle.

Marriage dates back to Mesopotamia around 2,300 b.c. but it wasn't until the 1500s a.d. when the Roman Catholic Church formally institutionalized marriage. So I have always viewed marriage as a religious institution and not a matter of governance. Period.

The separation of Church & State represents a core foundation of our Republic. And so I find it hypocritical that the very same people who have removed the Ten Commandments from our courts, who have removed God from our schools, and who crusade endlessly to remove crosses from public view, are the very ones who are demanding that the US government define marriage. It's amazing how these sick fucks operate.

By the same token, I resent the fact that marriage is recognized by our government in the first place. Since marriage has historically been a religious institution, marital status should have no impact on tax policy. I mean think about it. Why has the gay community waged this war? It's about money and that's all. Government has no right to encourage marriage through tax incentives nor does government have the authority to define it. The only practical government application into the matter would be through dissolution when the union has broken and there is a mess of assets to clean up and, of course, a plan for any children involved.

Like Roe v Wade, the Proposition 8 case should not even be in the Supreme Court at all. This is not a matter for the US Constitution and, therefore, the 1st and 10th Amendments should apply here. Taking it a step further, marriage should not even qualify for state propositions either. It is not a matter for legislation within our Republic. This is my opinion. Feel free to destroy me in the comments.

That being said, I am thoroughly annoyed at all the red equal signs littering facebook and other time wasting social hangouts on the Interwebs. But fuck it; here's my contribution.


If you stared at that picture for longer than one second you're probably a cock polishing ass pounder.

6 comments:

CharlieDelta said...

BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Excellent post Paul.

I am curious though, was this part subliminal or intentional?

"That being said [....] on the Interwebs. But fuck it; here's my contribution.

Good to see you're back brother!

Paul said...

Dude!!!!!! LMAO!!!!! What the fuck that's hilarious I didn't even notice that!

kerrcarto said...

I love Rand Paul's take on it. Abolish the IRS, install an individual flat tax of 17% on income over $50,000 and then the government has no say in the matter of marriage at all.

CenTexTim said...

kerrcarto/Rand Paul +1

Kenny said...

I agree and disagree. This is a religious problem and not a civil one. So out of the courts, but it is also a great time for SCOTUS to say all marriages are permanently banned you states have to create Civil unions for all peoples of consenting age,or the Rand Paul thing. Whichever is more likely.

PeggyU said...

Really. I don't think marriage licenses even were issued until the turn of the 20th century. Why should I have to buy a license from the government to get married?