Monday, July 1, 2013

FOD & Fuck Wind Power, Too!

Since I hate Mondays and the Obama, now is a good time to comment on something I hate even more than Mondays - wind power. I may hate the Obama more than wind power but it's too close to call. Any of you realize how many communities in the Pacific Northwest all the way to western Montana were economically devastated by one Spotted Owl? Or how many farmers went bankrupt in California over a stupid minnow? Or the billions of dollars the oil and gas industries have to pay to protect wildlife? But wind power developers get a free pass! They can kill as many endangered and migratory birds as necessary because they're saving the planet. Next time an enviro-nazi fucktard asks you where's a good place to watch birds, tell them to comb the ground around their nearest wind farm. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/horrified-birdwatchers-see-rare-white-throated-2003724

4 comments:

lineman said...

Funny thing is it is actually worse for the environment...Many people especially greenies don't understand how a power system actually works...Since wind power is unreliable for every kilowatt of wind power there has to be a kilowatt of gas turbine waiting in backup for when the wind drops off...Those gas turbines have to be spooled up and running not at full power but in a standby mode ready to go full power in a short amount of time...It is more costly than conventional methods and really is more feel good than actually helpful...

Harper said...

I have nothing against birds, in fact, I enjoy watching the ones in my yard. I almost peed my pants visualizing those tree huggers watching that bird die. I don't even feel bad about it. I suppose it is because I have no patience for people that fixate on one thing to the point of distraction. Like birdwatching and telling me how I should power my electrical appliances.

CharlieDelta said...

I actually found the story about the bird-watching trippers kinda funny. People chartered planes and came from hundreds of miles around to watch that rarely-seen bird Kamakazi right into a turbine, LMAO! I can just hear the granola-crunching eco-tards hysterical with tears and snot hanging from their noses like it was The Hinderberg or something. "Oh the humanity!" LOL!!

Maybe the bird just couldn't take anymore of the wierdo snobby yuppies coming from all corners of the earth to spy on him and invade his privacy, snap pictures of him like the fuckin' paparazzi, and then trash his home and neighborhood with all their eco-propaganda. He probably just said, "fuck it!" and ended it right there to kind of give them all the "bird" for fuckin' with him for all these years. Can you blame him?

Freedom Fighter said...

I'm with you, Paul. Eastern Washington had some beautiful vistas that are now wind farm forests. My wife and I were driving near Touchet Washington in July. There was a storm brewing as we approached about a hundred windmills in the distance. My wife asked me, "Do you think those things ever get struck by lightening?" I said, "I doubt it." Just then a bolt of lightening struck the nearest windmill and took it out. The blades turned beet red for a few moments and there was a shower of sparks from the center rotor. We looked at each other and cheered. One bird whacker just went off line.